Since our pastor has allowed us to keep a Compassion table in the lobby of our church, I have been wanting to put together a box of items for our many Compassion sponsors. As a Compassion Advocate, I want to do what I can to encourage sponsors to be writing to their kids on a regular basis. My prayer is that this box will make it easier for our sponsors to take the time to write to their sponsored kids.
Here is a list of items I have included in this box:
- Monthly Compassion prayer calendar
- Blank birthday cards
- Blank note cards
- Tips for mailing small gifts print out from the Compassion web site
- Copies of the California coloring page from the Crayola web site
- Pages from activity pages I have found at the Dollar Spot at Target
- Variety of stickers
- Copies of a Bible verse printable I found on Pinterest
- Copies of old Explorer magazines
The box was very well received this morning with many people finding new things to send to their kids. My goal is to update the box at least once a month with the new monthly Compassion prayer calendar and any new printables I find on Pinterest.
What do you do to encourage Compassion sponsors at your church?