Wow! I just checked to see when I did my last Empty Shelf Challenge Update, and it was back in March! At that time, I had finished reading 12 books. My goal for this year was to read at least two books a month, for a total of 24 books for the year.
So how am I doing? Since March, here are the books I have finished reading:
- Mission Drift by Peter Greer
- The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
- Esther by Beth Moore
- How People Change by Timothy Lane
- Dancing with My Father by Sally Clarkson
- The Beauty of Broken by Elisa Morgan
- Hope Rising by Scott Todd
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Rhinestone Jesus by Kristen Welch
- Chasing Francis by Ian Cron
- The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Radical by David Platt
- Grace for the Good Girl by Emily Freeman
- Me, Myself, & Bob by Phil Vischer
- Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
Well, since the end of March, I have read 16 books, which brings my total to 28 books for the year! Woo hoo! Guess I should have upped by goal a bit.
Of course, this does not mean that I am going to stop reading for the year, that just wouldn't be right. So you might be thinking, what is in my book pile right now? Glad you asked:
I pulled out our copy of Operation World, so I can really start learning more and praying for the countries where our Compassion sponsored children live. Not really sure if I will read the whole book (it is a really thick one!), but I am thankful for resources like this one.
The Time Machine and I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist are books for our upcoming school year (which we plan on starting next week). And The Best Yes and You and Me Forever are books for me to read and learn from.
Hey, do you have a Goodreads account? If so, you can find me there and follow along to see what books I am reading next.
I would love for you to share what books are in your book pile. Won't you share them in the comments below?