We are nearing the end of August, and most of the kids in our area have already started back to school. Some even started at the beginning of this month! Yikes!
We have been homeschooling since 1999, and because we file our own private school affidavit, we schedule our own school schedule, which works really well for us. This means we won't be starting school until September. And since I only have one student at home now, and she is doing high school work, she is doing most of her work independently.
As you can see, we have quite a full year planned! Here is the list of what she will be studying:
- Apologetics: "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist"
- Math: Algebra I with Teaching Textbooks
- Art: Color and Composition with Artistic Pursuits
- History: British History
- Science: Apologia Physical Science
- Literature: British Literature with Learning Language Arts Through Literature
- Sign Language: this will be a class with other students
We plan to break up some of our studies with making scones and enjoying lots of British TV over the upcoming school year. Seems appropriate doesn't it? We can even count some of the scone making lessons as Home Ec!
What are your plans for your upcoming school year?