Home Ec Day #2

Today was another day of no book work. We had a little visitor...
While our little visitor was napping this morning, I thought I would see how far I could get on a Pinterest sewing project which is a gift for an upcoming bridal shower. I am always on the look out for new apron patterns and this one looked cute and quick to put together.

Since I had already cut all the pieces out yesterday, I was able to sew the apron together during our little visitor's morning nap! Yay! The pattern does not mention ironing over and sewing up the side seams for the top and bottom piece, so if you do make this pattern, be sure to remember to inclued those steps.

Another thing which I added was a backing piece for the waistband. Without the backing piece, the wrong side of the apron would look like this...

Yuck! Really looks unfinished, so I cut another waistband piece of the floral material, folded over and ironed a 5/8 inch seam allowance on all sides, then pinned and sewed this piece onto the existing waistband. This is a nice way to hide all those seam allowances without doing a zig-zag stitch or using a serger.

One other change I made was the neck tie strings. I cut these at 2 1/4 inches long instead of the 4 1/2 inches long. I just like the look of a smaller width neck tie.

Ta-da! One finished apron!